You know those gorgeous photos on Instagram and Pinterest? The ones with gorgeous invitation flat lays, perfectly styled shoes, and gorgeous ring shots?
They’re stunning, right??
And what if I told you that you could have photos just like that of your details? Beautifully curated, perfectly styled, and sure to make people stop in their tracks as you share your images with friends and family.
Well, it’s totally possible! And I’m about to let you in on a few secrets we have in order to capture detail photos that look like they belong in a magazine. So, trust us, these are the items you won’t want to forget to bring on your wedding day:
1. Bring every single detail with you
This one might seem obvious, but there are many times when brides forget a few items and are heartbroken about it. We want to make sure you bring everything that’s important to you – both the pretty details and the sentimental ones. Specifically, don’t forget to bring these:
- Your wedding dress (obviously!)
- Your wedding shoes (If you’re looking for beautiful and comfortable shoes, we recommend Bella Belle Shoes)
- All three rings (engagement ring, your wedding band and your fiance’s wedding band)
- Full invitation suite
- An extra envelope with an address on it (the address can be a real person or it can be the venue’s)
- Jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets)
- Ring box (we recommend the Mrs. Box!)
- Perfume (Pro tip: wear a completely new scent on your wedding day. This way, every time you wear it you’ll be reminded of your wedding 😊)
- Any items with sentimental value (your grandma’s necklace she passed down to you, a letter from your fiance, etc.)
2. Bring extra florals
One of the best ways to elevate your detail images is to ask the florist to bring extra florals for your photographer. For our couples, we reach out to the florist ourselves and ask them to bring some extra blooms and greenery with them so that it’s one last thing our couples have to think about.
Florists are usually super happy to do this for you because they love seeing their flowers styled with your details!
3. Have the groom’s details ready as well
We can’t forget about the groom! Yup, he gets his own details photographed as well – and you guys, they look just as amazing!
Here are the items he should set aside in a bag so that we can easily take it and capture them:
- His shoes
- Cuff links
- Bow tie or neck tie
- His boutonnière – bonus points for bringing all the groomsmen boutonnières too! (the florist can bring this to the bride when she drops off florals)
- Any items with sentimental value (ex: his grandfather’s cuff links/wedding band)
4. Include your day-of goods
Want to make your details incredibly unique? Include your day-of goods with your details. Day-of goods include:
- The menu cards
- Directions/Things to do cards
- Wedding favors
This not only makes your details different from the bride next to you, but it also helps us tell your unique love story through our imagery – which is the most important thing.
Overall, it’s not about bringing the most items for your details. It’s about bringing all the details that make up your day and help us tell your love story through these images. Because at the end of the day, that’s why we’re here. Yes, these will definitely give you gorgeous photos, but more importantly, it’ll be the images that represent your new legacy together 💕
Until next time!
Matlock and Kelly